THOUGHTS HONE NU KNOWLEDGE
THNK is a multi-layered educational program. THNK is a book club, study group and thnk tank focusing on revolutionary activism. Topics revolve around grounding our organized approach to restoring order to the planet via healing, art, and educational institution building.
THNK is to explore intelligent responses to and replacements for the current global imperialist system and it's life-blood: colonial capitalism, that is imposed on the masses of people in occupied territories around the world.
Our approach includes, but is not limited to, cultural, political and economic analysis – with the intention of implementing solutions.
Vision: Like all Tehuti Ma'at programs, THNK is connected to a cooperative venture to ultimately fund and sustain the revolutionary work. We plan to expand THNK into a virtual resource as well as in-person gatherings in 7 major cities across the country and then internationally with the launch of our Podcast/Radio channel and “Black Point of View” publication. We will publish books and produce other literary materials such as bookmarks, e-books, and audio books.
THNK Study Group
Blueprint for Black Power
by Dr. Amos N. Wilson
The book will be covered chapter by chapter. PDF files of the first 5 chapters of the book are available. We encourage you to purchase the book from a local black-owned bookstore, if available.
TUESDAYS AT 6PM ET
What Is Power Bases of Power: Organization and Ethnic Resources Social and Cultural Origins of Power Consciousness and Power Self-Concept and Power Power and Personality Class, Race and Power in America The Power Processes of the Ruling Class The Policy-Formation Process The Candidate-Selection Process Ideology and Legitimization of Dominance September 21— The Economic Order and Power September 28 — The Financial-Corporate Elite: The New World Government
- October 26 — Ch. 14 Race and Economics
- November 2 — Ch. 15 Afrika Agonistes
- November 9 — Ch. 16 Investing In and Trading With Afrikan Nations
- November 16 — Ch. 17 Empowerment Through Wealth
- November 23 — Ch. 18 Benevolent Fronts Assault Local and Global Afrikan Markets
- November 30 — Ch. 19 The Paucity of Black Wealth
- December 7 — Ch. 20 The Myth of the Market Economy and Black Power
- December 14 — Ch. 21 Nation-within-A-Nation
- December 21 — Ch. 22 Demographic Foundations of an Afrikan American Nation-win in-A-Nation
- December 28 — Ch. 23 The Black Church: Key to Black Economic Empowerment?
- January 4 — Ch. 24 The Black Consumer and the Economics of Afrocentrism
- January 11 — Ch. 25 The Relationship of White-owned Banks to the Black Community
- January 18 — Ch. 26 Black-owned Banks: Creators of Wealth
- January 25 — Ch. 27 Financing Black Economic Development
- February 1 — Ch. 28 Rotating Create Associations: The Prime Importance of Saving
- February 8— Ch. 29 The Investment Club
- February 15 — Ch. 30 Franchises, Cooperatives, Corportations and Collective Capitalism
- February 22— Ch. 31 The Crisis of Leadership